Before installation, an unbeaten carpet care program already begins and continues on with the regular vacuuming, maintenance, clean-up and periodic redecoration efforts. It calls for utmost care to protect it against wear and tear and the other harm and damage of everyday use.
Here are some suggestions for upholding the carpets:
1. Vacuuming the carpet repetitively with a strong suction, rotating brush and tight filter will lessen the soil buildup.
2. Scrutinize the carpet before scrubbing, extracting or spotting for the fact that some carpets are very susceptible to acid type cleaners and suddenly lose their color in a great extent while other carpets are sensitive to harsh alkalis.
3. Do not smear on strong spotting agents if not required and always neutralize high alkaline or high acid cleaners after use. Utilize appropriate spotters starting with the mildest one you can find.
4. Brushing the spot is not how you clean the area. The correct method to do away with the spot is to rub it towards the middle and then compressing into the cloth by means of brush or the other tamping devices.
5. Growing quantities ahead of the suggested solution levels is not going to heighten the cleaning efficiency. It will result in having more residues left which will lead to a rapid re-soiling that thorough vacuuming also can’t eliminate. So, be careful when using the different types of detergents.
6. Since over wetting can cause brownout, adhesion problems and carpet shrinkage so see to it that you do not over wet the area in such a liberal amount.
7. After carpet cleaning, please make sure that your carpet is dried within twelve hours, otherwise mold or mildew may grow on them. Careful use of good ventilation, central heating and air conditioning systems is proven to be quite useful in the drying process.
8. The best way to get rid of a fresh Chocolate Milk spill from the light colored carpets is to use a product entitled–Simple Green (It is non-toxic).
If you clean your carpets appropriately, you’ll be surprised at how long they can actually last. The frequency of cleaning the whole thing will all depend on the weather and traffic. Typically, once a year will suffice for carpets in light traffic regions; in normal traffic areas, once in six months and in heavy traffic areas once in a month of cleaning is necessary.
Magic Wand is your premier carpet cleaning and flood water restoration experts in Edmonton.Whether you need Commercial Carpet Cleaning, Residential Carpet Cleaning or Flood Restoration we can help. Please contact us by filling out a quotation request or call us directly at 780-991-RUGS (7847)